The cottage is just a short walk from the centre of Carrbridge along a well lit pavement, apart from the last 30 metres which is on a single track road. It sleeps up to eight people in four bedrooms (two double and two twin rooms), and is well equipped for your stay. Logs and coal for the fires are provided, and all electricity used during your stay is included in your booking. All bedrooms have duvets (comforters) for each bed and bed linen and towels are provided for each guest.
- Log burning stoves in the kitchen and Horse House sitting room
- Open fireplace in the living room
- Free Wifi
- TV with FreeSat and DVD player
Accommodation in detail:
The floor plan at the bottom shows the layout of the property. The ground floor consists of the following rooms:
- Living room – comfortably equipped with two sofas and arm chairs for up to eight people, the open fire in this room is the focal point of this cosy room. There is also a TV with FreeSat and DVD player, and an Ipod docking station is provided.
- Kitchen – with a log burning stove in the fireplace and a dining table seating eight, this room is the heart of the property and is ideal for nights in eating as a family. It is fully equipped with all the crockery and utensils you might need, including the all important corkscrew and bottle opener. The kitchen has a microwave, electric oven and four ring gas hob, fridge, kettle, toaster and coffee maker. The adjoining utility room has a washing machine, tumble dryer and freezer.
- Horse House sitting room – this second sitting room has been designed in the style of the old agricultural building that would have adjoined the old croft, thus the Horse House name. It is hexagonal in shape, and the French doors overlooking the fields to the front of the cottage make it a light and sunny room. The room has a log burning stove in the fireplace and is furnished with comfortable wicker furniture.
- Bedroom Four – one of the two twin bedrooms in the cottage, one of the beds in this room can be slid under the other if more room is required. There are bedside lamps and tables in the room, as well as a walk in wardrobe.
- Family bathroom – the main bathroom for the cottage, there is an electric shower over the bath, a toilet and basin.
- Shower room – the shower room has an electric shower, basin and toilet to reduce the queues in the morning!
Upstairs are the following rooms:
- Bedroom One – the main bedroom, this room has a double bed with bedside tables and lamps. There is also an antique chest of drawers, walk in wardrobes and a basin in the room.
- Bedroom Two – the second double bedroom, this room again has a double bed with bedside tables and lamps, an antique chest of drawers and walk in wardrobes. The room also has beautiful views over the Cairngorms.
- Bedroom Three – the second twin bedroom, this room has two single beds with bedside tables and lamps. There are also walk in wardrobes and a chest of drawers.